Promotion of tribal development of the entire North-East region through education
- To enable college and university teachers to understand the significance of education in general and higher education in particular in Indian and global contexts.
- To enable college and university teachers to ensure capacity building and overall personality development of college and university teachers.
- To enable college and university teachers to provide training and latest know-how and to promote ICT in teaching-learning process.
- To enable college and university teachers to understand the link between education and socio-cultural development of tribal areas.
- To create awareness about the latest development in their subjects/specializations.
- The North Eastern Region being landlocked, many institutions of higher learning are located in far-flung areas with limited facilities. Considering these conditions, our goal is to specifically design the trainings in Orientation Programmes to target the needs of these teachers.